Cloone GAA Club Crest
Our club crest was first designed in 2005. The idea for obtaining a crest was first aired at a club meeting early in the
year. After seeking ideas from club members as to what the crest should contain we started to sketch out what it might look
like. Then after many trips back and forth to our designer Dianne Beirne we found agreement on the pictured crest.
crest resembles the site of the foundation of the parish of Cloone. The early inhabitants Cloone was a catholic settlement
on top of a hill overlooking the river. The celtic cross resembles this catholic settlement while it also resembles the
shape of a Leitrim Senior Championship winning medal, to remind us of our successful past. The name of the parish appears
in Irish below a Gaelic football containg the year 1906, the year the club first became affiliated to the Co. Board.